February 15, 2013 12:13pm
Daniel Radcliffe, better known for sporting round glasses in the “Harry Potter” franchise, is the star of the new film, “Kill Your Darlings,” which just showed at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. But his on-screen magical acting was not the key factor that helped him land the role of playing the American Jewish Poet Allen Ginsberg, but rather…
February 14, 2013 7:12pm
Loathed rapper Chris Brown and Grammy-winning Drake are suing each other for a New York City club brawl that went down last year. The two rappers were reportedly arguing over Rihanna last July and bottles were thrown around, one which hit a french model named Romain Julien, who filed suits against both of them. Now,…
February 14, 2013 1:52pm
The world of Blossom and neuroscience, as explained by Miayim Bialik.
February 14, 2013 11:30am
As a publicity stunt for his March film, “Oz, the Great and Powerful,” James Franco arrived to his interview on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in a hot air balloon. Ugh. Does this bother anyone else?
February 13, 2013 6:20pm
JTA provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to make hamantaschen, Purim’s traditional cookies.
February 13, 2013 5:38pm
The women’s-only Chabad band, Bulletproof Stockings, were featured on AOL’s “You’ve Got” series, where they rocked out and explained why their religious adherence only allows them to perform for women. The Bulletproof Stockings’ story made headlines earlier last year, where they were written up in the Times of Israel, the New York Post, and the New Yorker….
February 13, 2013 5:22pm
Raiz, the lead singer of dubstep European band Almamegretta, is making headlines this week for refusing to play on Friday night after converting to Judaism. Almamegretta is set to play this Friday at the San Remo Song Festival, one of Italy’s most popular music events, but since Raiz, whose real name is Gennaro Della Volpe, is…
February 13, 2013 3:29pm
A New York Post cover story skewered John Galliano for supposedly dressing in Chasidic garb for New York Fashion Week.
February 13, 2013 1:28pm
Choosing religion over butterflies, Drew Barrymore is reportedly having her tattoos removed to adhere to her husband’s Jewish religion, Star magazine reports. While converting to Judaism for her husband, William Kopelman, 38-year-old Barrymore is having six tattoos removed so that she can be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Apparently, her array of tattoos include a bouquet…
February 13, 2013 11:29am
It seems disgraced fashion designer John Galliano is taking his apology for ranting anti-Semitic slurs a little too far. The former Dior designer, who just signed on to head fashion house Oscar de la Renta, turned up the day of the ODLR Fashion Show in New York yesterday wearing a long black jacket, a…
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary