September 8, 2012 1:20pm
While millions of Jews worldwide spend Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur in synagogue sanctuaries, school auditoriums and other formal settings, some Jews find alternative ways to observe the High Holidays.
September 7, 2012 1:47pm
The American Jewish Committee condemned a decision earlier this week by the state of Berlin that places restrictions on circumcisions.
August 31, 2012 2:49pm
Damon Rose, the Jewish Agency for Israel’s northern regional director of partnerships, has died.
August 29, 2012 2:37pm
Former Major Leaguer Art Shamsky will serve as Israel’s ambassador to the World Baseball Classic Qualifier in Jupiter, Fla.
August 20, 2012 5:03pm
As the number of Jewish children attending day schools has been steadily increasing, parents, day schools and Jewish college programs struggle to find the right formulas in the financial aid process.
August 3, 2012 3:25pm
The Brooklyn, N.Y.-man accused of killing 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky is expected to plead guilty.
August 1, 2012 1:34pm
A hearing on a motion to dismiss a consumer fraud case against the company that produces Hebrew National products has been scheduled for Nov. 30 in a federal court.
July 30, 2012 8:41pm
A moment of silence to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the massacre at the Munich Olympics will be livestreamed from a suburban New York JCC on Aug. 12.
July 30, 2012 7:48pm
Officials at Israel’s Health Ministry met to discuss Hadassah Hospital’s financial difficulties.
July 27, 2012 2:19pm
A trial involving a group of young Los Angeles-area Jews accusing a hotel of discrimination has begun.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair