June 15, 2010 7:27pm
Money, much of it fueled by Israel’s technology boom, is transforming a country once considered a bastion of socialist, even Spartan values. The change has been most pronounced among a small, elite group.
June 8, 2010 8:23pm
With satirical videos, Facebook groups and new websites, young Israelis are reaching out to mount a citizen-led effort to defend Israel’s actions in the flotilla affair.
June 1, 2010 7:14pm
The massive diplomatic fallout triggered by the flotilla confrontation has ratcheted up the debate in Israel over the efficacy of Israel’s policy of blockading Gaza.
May 16, 2010 8:08pm
If an Israeli Education Ministry pilot program to teach about American Jewry takes root, Israeli schoolchildren will learn about the Diaspora’s largest Jewish community for the first time. (Yossi Zamir/Flash90) TEL AVIV, Israel (JTA) — The Jews of America may be the largest Jewish community in the Diaspora, but that does not mean Israeli schoolchildren…
May 5, 2010 8:07pm
At a time when Jerusalem is at the center of major political debate, cases of Jerusalem syndrome are a reminder that the city not only drives politicians a bit mad, but some visitors, too.
April 26, 2010 9:17pm
Unlike the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., the Palestinians who support nonviolent resistance against Israel see it as part of a calculated strategy to achieve Palestinians goals, not a philosophy.
April 12, 2010 5:43pm
Increasing numbers of American are choosing to immigrate to Israel as senior citizens, realizing lifelong dreams of living in Israel.
December 4, 2009 12:51am
There is some national debate on the issue of whether it’s worthwhile to release 1,000 Palestinian prisoners to secure the release of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, but most Israelis appear to favor a deal, despite the potential security liabilities.
November 30, 2009 8:58pm
The Islamic Movement in Israel is growing thanks to a strategy that takes a page from Hamas’ focus on social services. Critics say the movement is radicalizing Israel’s Arabs.
November 16, 2009 12:57am
The Ramallah-based developers of the first planned Palestinian city hail the project as a prized and much-needed example of Palestinian economic development. Israeli officials are among those citing it as a symbol of Palestinian progress.
- Israel Police arrest 22 haredi Orthodox men accused of sex crimes
- Millions of Israeli children said at risk of stunted development, possibly from desalinated water
- ‘Switched at Birth’ gets an interfaith marriage dilemma just right
- Ukrainian war hero and lawmaker slurs Jews
- Therapists say patients have a new name for anxiety: Trump
- Nikki Haley: Trump will not allow UN resolutions condemning Israel
- Why these 5 European Jews are promoting far-right parties
- Ivanka Trump to become unpaid government employee as assistant to her father
- Britney Spears tickets go on sale in Israel hours after concert announced
- 2 charged with hate crime for attack on Arab teacher outside AIPAC conference
- Bob Dylan to accept his Nobel Prize in Stockholm