June 11, 2013 9:54am
Hardly an unusual sight in big cities, Holocaust museums and memorials are now cropping up in more out-of-the-way places like Terre Haute, Ind. and Alexandria, La.
May 24, 2013 10:25am
Jewish Scouting leaders said they were “overjoyed” after the Boy Scouts of America passed a resolution lifting a ban on gay youth.
May 23, 2013 2:28pm
Israel and Hamas violated international humanitarian law during their round of violence in November, Amnesty International said in its annual report.
May 23, 2013 10:24am
Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam, donated another $40 million to the Birthright Israel Foundation.
May 23, 2013 10:02am
A Holocaust joke made on national television by comedian Elias Escobedo while voicing a hand puppet has the Jewish community of Chile considering a lawsuit.
May 22, 2013 12:25pm
More than 500 rabbis and cantors urged the Boy Scouts of America to drop its ban on homosexual members when the youth group’s National Council convenes in Dallas this week.
May 22, 2013 10:04am
New Jersey officials refused a newspaper’s request to release information on the state’s decision to fund two religious institutions, including a haredi Orthodox yeshiva in Lakewood.
May 21, 2013 8:00pm
A Michigan court dismissed a petition to split the $1 billion foundation of the late Jewish businessman William Davidson in half.
May 21, 2013 2:21pm
Where they exist, trains offer tourists to Israel an affordable, civilized and scenic way to get around while avoiding the nation’s notorious traffic.
May 21, 2013 11:18am
Religious Jews aren’t the only ones reconciling ancient sartorial traditions with modern fashions, as JTA reported earlier this month. So are some Muslims.
- Jake Tapper and Linda Sarsour mixed it up on Twitter. And it wasn’t about Jews. Or was it?
- Granddaughter of Holocaust survivors removed Auschwitz relics to use for art project
- Three Israelis killed, one wounded in West Bank stabbing attack
- Uganda’s Jews are down to one meal a day because of East Africa’s famine
- Director Ken Loach vows ‘every penny’ his new film makes in Israel will go to Palestinians
- Jewish Ohio Senate candidate condemns ADL, backs figures on ‘alt-lite’ list
- City Council candidate ‘cares about’ Jews, compares them to Germans who enabled the Nazis
- Jamaica’s first kosher restaurant serves spicy jerk cuisine
- Three Palestinians reported killed in riots over Temple Mount metal detectors
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion