June 11, 2013 9:54am
Hardly an unusual sight in big cities, Holocaust museums and memorials are now cropping up in more out-of-the-way places like Terre Haute, Ind. and Alexandria, La.
May 24, 2013 10:25am
Jewish Scouting leaders said they were “overjoyed” after the Boy Scouts of America passed a resolution lifting a ban on gay youth.
May 23, 2013 2:28pm
Israel and Hamas violated international humanitarian law during their round of violence in November, Amnesty International said in its annual report.
May 23, 2013 10:24am
Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam, donated another $40 million to the Birthright Israel Foundation.
May 23, 2013 10:02am
A Holocaust joke made on national television by comedian Elias Escobedo while voicing a hand puppet has the Jewish community of Chile considering a lawsuit.
May 22, 2013 12:25pm
More than 500 rabbis and cantors urged the Boy Scouts of America to drop its ban on homosexual members when the youth group’s National Council convenes in Dallas this week.
May 22, 2013 10:04am
New Jersey officials refused a newspaper’s request to release information on the state’s decision to fund two religious institutions, including a haredi Orthodox yeshiva in Lakewood.
May 21, 2013 8:00pm
A Michigan court dismissed a petition to split the $1 billion foundation of the late Jewish businessman William Davidson in half.
May 21, 2013 2:21pm
Where they exist, trains offer tourists to Israel an affordable, civilized and scenic way to get around while avoiding the nation’s notorious traffic.
May 21, 2013 11:18am
Religious Jews aren’t the only ones reconciling ancient sartorial traditions with modern fashions, as JTA reported earlier this month. So are some Muslims.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism