May 26, 2005 9:00am
Hebrew literacy is in sharp decline among American Jews — and the Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture is working to change that.
May 17, 2005 9:00am
A controversial gay pride celebration, slated for Jerusalem this August, has been postponed for a year so it won’t overlap with Israel’s planned Gaza withdrawal.
May 15, 2005 9:00am
A rabbi who attended a conference on the environment in Iran says it gave him a chance to share the Jewish perspective on environmental issues that unite all mankind.
April 12, 2005 9:00am
When disaster struck an Orthodox family in New Jersey, a local teen took the lead in raising money to help them.
February 15, 2005 10:00am
A New York rabbi on the board of the American Jewish World Service can’t forget some of the people he saw on a trip to India shortly after the Southeast Asian tsunami.
July 10, 2003 9:00am
New Jersey Solidarity, which plans to host a national student conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement at New Jersey’s Rutgers University, is raising hackles among students and Jewish leaders.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Lone soldiers from North America attend Thanksgiving dinner in Tel Aviv
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter