May 26, 2005 9:00am
Hebrew literacy is in sharp decline among American Jews — and the Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture is working to change that.
May 17, 2005 9:00am
A controversial gay pride celebration, slated for Jerusalem this August, has been postponed for a year so it won’t overlap with Israel’s planned Gaza withdrawal.
May 15, 2005 9:00am
A rabbi who attended a conference on the environment in Iran says it gave him a chance to share the Jewish perspective on environmental issues that unite all mankind.
April 12, 2005 9:00am
When disaster struck an Orthodox family in New Jersey, a local teen took the lead in raising money to help them.
February 15, 2005 10:00am
A New York rabbi on the board of the American Jewish World Service can’t forget some of the people he saw on a trip to India shortly after the Southeast Asian tsunami.
July 10, 2003 9:00am
New Jersey Solidarity, which plans to host a national student conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement at New Jersey’s Rutgers University, is raising hackles among students and Jewish leaders.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.
- Trump sweeps 5 states, Clinton wins 4