July 28, 2016 5:07pm
(New Jersey Jewish Standard via JTA) — It’s a really big book. “The Sacred Calling: Four Decades of Women in the Rabbinate” is 776 pages, plus LVI pages of frontmatter (translated from Roman numerals and publisher’s jargon, that’s 56 pages of introductory material before page 1) and eight blank ones at the end. It’s…
May 26, 2005 9:00am
Hebrew literacy is in sharp decline among American Jews and the Memorial Foundation for Jewish Culture is working to change that.
May 17, 2005 9:00am
A controversial gay pride celebration, slated for Jerusalem this August, has been postponed for a year so it won’t overlap with Israel’s planned Gaza withdrawal.
May 15, 2005 9:00am
A rabbi who attended a conference on the environment in Iran says it gave him a chance to share the Jewish perspective on environmental issues that unite all mankind.
April 12, 2005 9:00am
When disaster struck an Orthodox family in New Jersey, a local teen took the lead in raising money to help them.
February 15, 2005 10:00am
A New York rabbi on the board of the American Jewish World Service can’t forget some of the people he saw on a trip to India shortly after the Southeast Asian tsunami.
July 10, 2003 9:00am
New Jersey Solidarity, which plans to host a national student conference of the Palestine Solidarity Movement at New Jersey’s Rutgers University, is raising hackles among students and Jewish leaders.
- Israeli-American teen arrested in Israel for over 100 JCC bomb threats
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian woman imprisoned in Israel for terror attack, takes US plea deal
- JCC bomb threat suspect, named Michael Kaydar, reportedly used Bitcoin, Google Voice
- Jeff Sessions: JCC bomb threat probe spanned multiple continents
AnalysisIs Trump owed an apology after the JCC bomb threat arrest? Is anybody?
- Jewish bomb threat suspect undermines groups’ narrative on anti-Semitism
- US Holocaust Museum to award Angela Merkel with top honor named for Elie Wiesel
OpinionOhio State Hillel is anti-BDS, not anti-LGBT
- The 5 best exotic Passover hotels
- Bernie Sanders declares ‘victory’ in withdrawal of GOP health bill, Reform movement urges expanding coverage
- UN secretary-general reaffirms ancient Jewish ties to Jerusalem