November 19, 2015 12:47pm
“The title is going to be ‘Let My People Go,’ which means that the Israelis should let the Palestinians go,” said the award-winning director of “The Sorrow and the Pity,” Marcel Ophuls.
September 3, 2015 10:50am
With songs like “Spread a Little Love,” Cathy Heller’s upbeat, optimistic music is ideal for ads and poignant TV moments.
October 11, 2013 10:25am
Neshama Carlebach, the daughter of the late rabbi and musician Shlomo Carlebeach, strives to break new artistic ground, but is encountering many of the same challenges her father once did.
June 10, 2013 4:30pm
Jeremy Cowan, the brewer who brought the world Jewbilation, Rejewvenator and, most recently, David’s Slingshot Hoppy Summer Lager, is preparing to open his own brewing facility in upstate New York.
August 14, 2012 6:33pm
A play about Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach’s “lonely and conflicted” life as an Orthodox rabbi, rock star and spiritual shepherd could soon be heading to Broadway.
March 7, 2012 4:06pm
The growing ranks of Carlebach minyanim are a part of a surge of recent interest in the late singer-spiritualist Shlomo Carlebach, including a new book, Broadway show and CDs by daughter Neshama Carlebach.
February 8, 2012 5:17pm
Growing ranks of Jewishly committed performers are finding success on the national stage, attracting audiences with compositions informed by their spiritual lives: building connection, meaning and hope.
April 6, 2005 9:00am
A new documentary called “Journey of the Spirit” tells the life story of Debbie Friedman, whose music is heard throughout Reform movement temples.
- Gal Gadot’s husband went viral on Instagram because of this T-shirt
- Otto Warmbier, American student detained in North Korea, dies
- Otto Warmbier’s family hid his Jewishness to aid negotiations with North Korea
- Jon Ossoff’s secret weapon in tight Georgia race: Jewish moms and daughters
SponsoredAfter realizing 45-year dream of aliyah, couple is surprised by what they find
Analysis‘Jewish spouses matter,’ says a new study. And the intermarriage debate escalates.
- Ahead of Jared Kushner’s visit, Netanyahu struggles to enact West Bank compromises for peace
- Rep. Jacky Rosen, Nevada Democrat, reportedly eyeing Senate seat
- Immigrant advocate David Lubell awarded $100,000 Charles Bronfman Prize
- Ehud Olmert suffers suspected heart attack in prison
- Airline cannot ask women to move seats for haredi Orthodox men, Israeli judge rules