is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
February 10, 2013 10:24pm
Howie Lassoff, who helped lead Maccabi Tel Aviv to six league titles and won Maccabiah gold with the U.S. squad, has died.
January 16, 2013 9:34pm
The Chicago Bears hired a Jewish head coach, Marc Trestman, to improve their pigskin prowess.
October 22, 2012 9:00pm
A UJA-Federation of New York employee was sentenced to six to 18 years in prison for stealing and selling the personal information of donors.
June 25, 2012 3:24pm
Kevin Youkilis is changing his Sox: The three-time All-Star was traded from the Boston Red Sox to the Chicago White Sox.
May 7, 2012 4:40pm
Omri Casspi of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Tamir Goodman, “the Jewish Jordan,” are teaming to run three basketball camps in suburban Cleveland.
April 29, 2012 7:05pm
Delmon Young, the Detroit Tigers outfielder who was arrested in New York for allegedly attacking a group of men and making anti-Semitic remarks, will be evaluated by a health care professional.
April 26, 2012 2:27pm
Longtime Syracuse University assistant coach Bernie Fine, who was fired in November amid allegations of sexual molestation, was hired as a consultant for an Israeli pro basketball team.
April 24, 2012 3:01pm
Seth Greenberg, who will coach the U.S. men’s basketball team at the 2013 Maccabiah Games, was fired by Virginia Tech.
April 22, 2012 9:08pm
The pro-Obama Jewish group that was behind “The Great Schlep” four years ago received a $200,000 donation from the son of billionaire George Soros.
March 27, 2012 2:26pm
Max Weinberg of E Street Band fame will be stopping by the National Museum of American Jewish History on Tuesday night prior to Bruce Springsteen’s gigs the next two nights at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The "Mighty Max," as the Boss calls his longtime drummer, will be talking not only about his many…
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
OpinionShavuot is about breaking the tablets, and putting them back together
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Portland man charged with light rail murder was known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct