February 14, 2012 3:17pm
Israeli elections have rarely hinged on socioeconomic issues. Barring a major security flare-up — like an attack on Iran — that may be changing.
February 7, 2012 9:57pm
With changes roiling the region, Hamas appears to be undergoing a reorientation that this week resulted in the formation of a new unity government with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
January 20, 2012 9:24pm
Young Filipinos are integrating into Israeli society, crafting identities that are similar yet distinct from those of the country’s Jewish majority.
December 19, 2011 9:20pm
Attacks by radical West Bank settlers on the Israeli army have sparked intense debate over how best to combat lawlessness in the West Bank.
December 13, 2011 8:36pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to call early leadership elections for his Likud Party is seen as a power play to secure his governing coalition’s grasp on power.
July 31, 2007 9:00am
The Israeli Education Ministry’s decision to approve a textbook for state-run Arab schools that uses the word “catastrophe” to describe Israel’s victory in its 1948 War of Independence has sparked an intense debate about the lengths the country should go
- Body of rabbi in Mexico pulled from earthquake rubble
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is surprise Rosh Hashanah speaker at DC synagogue
- Joel Osteen opens Houston megachurch to Jews whose synagogue was flooded
- Bernie Sanders says US ‘complicit’ in Israel’s occupation of the Palestinians
- Iran claims successful test of missile capable of reaching Israel
- Vermont teacher fired after teaching kids Nazi salute