February 14, 2012 3:17pm
Israeli elections have rarely hinged on socioeconomic issues. Barring a major security flare-up — like an attack on Iran — that may be changing.
February 7, 2012 9:57pm
With changes roiling the region, Hamas appears to be undergoing a reorientation that this week resulted in the formation of a new unity government with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
January 20, 2012 9:24pm
Young Filipinos are integrating into Israeli society, crafting identities that are similar yet distinct from those of the country’s Jewish majority.
December 19, 2011 9:20pm
Attacks by radical West Bank settlers on the Israeli army have sparked intense debate over how best to combat lawlessness in the West Bank.
December 13, 2011 8:36pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to call early leadership elections for his Likud Party is seen as a power play to secure his governing coalition’s grasp on power.
July 31, 2007 9:00am
The Israeli Education Ministry’s decision to approve a textbook for state-run Arab schools that uses the word “catastrophe” to describe Israel’s victory in its 1948 War of Independence has sparked an intense debate about the lengths the country should go
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah