November 17, 2002 10:00am
With the help of a U.S. government grant, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society is setting up a national network to strengthen and connect local organizations serving Russian Jews.
November 12, 2002 10:00am
Nancy Pelosi is set to become House minority leader, the senior Democratic position in the House. Pelosi has consistently supported foreign aid to Israel, and has been active on issues that resonate with the Jewish community, such as education, health car
November 12, 2002 10:00am
Here come the judges — and with them, fierce ideological and political battles in Congress. The new judiciary members will have a profound effect on social and political policies, affecting everything from abortion rights to church-state issues. For
November 4, 2002 10:00am
The Polish shtetl of Luboml no longer exists, but a trove of photos and artifacts that document the town’s Jewish past has a new lease on life in Library of Congress’ American Folklife Center.
October 17, 2002 9:00am
Minnesota voters are poised once again to elect a Jew to the U.S. Senate — though it’s not clear if it will be Democratic incumbent Paul Wellstone or his Republican challenger, Norm Coleman. The race has been deemed “neck and neck”
October 10, 2002 9:00am
Journalist Edwin Black caused a stir when he built a case against IBM because of the role the company’s technology played in assisting the Nazis’ “Final Solution” for Europe’s Jews. Black says he has now discovered the missin
September 30, 2002 9:00am
It’s anyone’s guess which party will hold the majority in Congress come November, but one thing is for sure: Several leading anti-Israel voices no longer will be heard in the Capitol’s halls.
September 26, 2002 9:00am
In the U.S. Supreme Court’s new term, cases involving free speech, including cross burnings and anti-abortion protests, top the docket and may be treated differently in light of concerns about terrorism and the link between speech and action. Severa
September 24, 2002 9:00am
After years of stalled negotiations, the commission focusing on Holocaust-era claims came to an agreement with German insurance companies last week on how to proceed. This brings Holocaust survivors and their heirs one big step closer to receiving compen
September 12, 2002 9:00am
One Voice: Jewish Women for Israel, a new broad-based coalition involving several major American Jewish women’s groups, is working to increase — and, in many cases, launch — women’s involvement in pro-Israel activism.
- Bomb threats hit at least 10 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- 100 headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Bomb threats hit at least 21 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Tom Perez wins DNC chair, names Keith Ellison deputy, after race that included focus on Jewish issues