is JTA's editorial assistant. She was a Fulbright scholar in Ukraine. Her poetry and nonfiction writing have been published in Tuesday Magazine, the Gamut, The Birch, Tablet, The Starry Night Review and elsewhere. Follow her on Twitter at @chick_in_kiev.
August 29, 2014 7:06pm
The Daily Show host has been accused of being a Zionist tool and a self-hating Jew, all for expressing his opinions on the Middle East.
August 29, 2014 2:53pm
A controversial letter from an Episcopal chaplain has resulted in a heated debate over the causes of anti-Semitism.
August 25, 2014 2:43pm
Inspired by the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge — and the IDF’s hummus-based version — some Gazans have created a social-media campaign that asks supporters to douse themselves in rubble.
August 21, 2014 3:59pm
Shirley Zussman, at 100 years old, is still an actively practicing sex therapist in Manhattan.
August 21, 2014 9:48am
In the aftermath of 90-year-old Hedy Epstein’s arrest for political protest, critics have questioned her status as a Holocaust survivor.
April 29, 2014 6:01pm
In the past two years, campus divestment activists have brought measures targeting Israel to student government votes at universities across the country.
April 25, 2014 1:02pm
A strange new term — “Yid-Banderite” — is being tossed around ironically to describe Jewish supporters of the Ukrainian revolution.
April 23, 2014 10:58am
Katy Perry has released a new promo video for her new single, “Birthday,” that features the singer as a mistress of disguise. Among other birthday-related professionals — an aged dancer named Goldie (for her “golden nuggets”) and a Craigslist birthday clown — Perry dresses as “Yosef Shulem,” a bar mitzvah DJ who has a penchant…
April 17, 2014 3:09pm
Andrew Garfield, a British actor most famous for playing the iconic superhero in the most recent run of Spiderman movies, has given us a new Spidey revelation in advance of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2″: Peter Parker is totally Jewish. “Peter Parker is not a simple dude,” the slender actor told Time Out London. “He ums…
April 10, 2014 12:11pm
It turns out that Scarlett Johansson, everyone’s favorite Jewish ‘it’ girl, has a beef with fans: the 29-year- old actress hates the nickname ScarJo. “I associate that name with, like, pop stars. It sounds tacky. It’s lazy and flippant,” she said in the May issue of Glamour magazine. “And there’s something kind of violent about it….
- 8 liberal Jewish groups to skip Conference of Presidents party at Trump’s DC hotel
- Woman arrested for alleged death threats to parent of Jewish Sandy Hook massacre victim
- Israel’s Chief Rabbinate promises standards for conversion rabbis and to count Ivanka Trump as Jewish
- Size matters: How a ‘largest menorah’ tiff landed two rabbis in Jewish court
- Jewish, progressive groups bring Congress 1M signatures opposing Trump’s Bannon appointment
- Shmuley Boteach tweets photo with Bannon, gets into one-sided feud with ‘Ellen’ producer
- White supremacist, neo-Nazi posters hung at Emerson College
- Trump set to name top Jewish Goldman Sachs official to economic post
- This Jewish woman’s research may save millions of lives
- Amy Schumer says she’s a ‘great choice’ to portray Barbie, slams critics
- Why I light my menorah in the window — and you should, too