is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
July 28, 2015 12:53pm
A 14-year-old who came from a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon drew national attention when she cried during a discussion with Chancellor Angela Merkel.
July 21, 2015 1:33pm
Germany is to host the Jewish sports competition for the first time, 80 years after Hitler’s Olympics.
July 16, 2015 7:06am
The unnamed man, who was 19 or 20 at the time of his alleged crimes, was charged in juvenile court for his role as an SS guard.
July 15, 2015 6:18am
Oskar Groening has expressed remorse and accepted responsibility for his role in the murder of 300,000 Hungarian Jews, but did not ask for leniency.
July 12, 2015 1:54pm
The program for ninth-graders will be starting in five schools.
July 12, 2015 10:29am
Spread over nine years, the investment will help save buildings in a district created by Jewish design pioneers who fled the Nazis.
June 30, 2015 8:01am
The graffiti on the week-old exhibit includes Hitler mustaches burned on photographs of rabbis and politicians.
June 30, 2015 6:39am
Representatives of the Berlin State Senate, which funds the festival and promoted it, said they were surprised and sorry to hear the news.
June 28, 2015 7:11am
Two major German media outlets have removed the stereotyped comments about Kirill Petrenko, a Russian-born Jew.
June 23, 2015 7:21am
The court ruled that the defendant, who was charged as an accomplice in thousands of murders, is mentally unfit to stand trial because of his dementia.
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- NYPD sees ‘huge spike’ in hate crimes post-election — Jews targeted most
- ‘Birthright for moms’ resonates with world’s small Jewish communities
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- Poll: Donald Trump will be ‘pro-Israel president,’ most Israelis believe
- Trump’s defense chief pick said Israel can be a pain, but few in pro-Israel camp seem to care. Why?