is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
December 2, 2015 6:11am
Two American-Jewish filmmakers also made the cut and are among the favorites to win for top documentary.
November 10, 2015 6:52am
“The Day Hitler Died” features filmed interviews with 22 men and women who had shared the bunker in the last four months of the Fuehrer’s life.
October 11, 2015 6:37am
Frankel’s exploits for Israel were featured in the 2014 documentary film “Above and Beyond.”
October 4, 2015 3:39am
The Los Angeles spiritual leader marched with Martin Luther King Jr. and helped launch the Save Soviet Jewry movement, and was a co-founder of the University of Judaism.
October 1, 2015 12:58pm
Germany’s official submission for the Oscars’ foreign-language category examines one man’s quest to bring former SS guards to justice in the 1960s.
September 13, 2015 5:14am
A prolific blogger and contributor to several white supremacist publications, John Friend claimed that the Holocaust was made up by the “Jewish-dominated media.”
August 23, 2015 7:01am
Bubis established the School of Jewish Communal Service, now the Zelikow School of Jewish Nonprofit Management, at the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion’s Los Angeles campus in 1968.
August 13, 2015 2:54pm
In a full-page Jewish Journal ad 98 signatories, identifying themselves as “American Jewish supporters of Israel,” said “killing the deal would be a tragic mistake.”
August 2, 2015 6:21am
Moshe Matsri, known as “Moshe the Religious,” had close ties with the Israel-based Abergil organized crime family, prosecutors said.
July 21, 2015 4:02pm
The Vienna native played the role more than any other actor. He was also nominated for an Oscar and recorded Hebrew and Yiddish folk music.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition