is JTA's senior writer and former managing editor. Follow him on Twitter at @urielheilman.
January 28, 2016 4:01pm
JTA’s Uriel Heilman tours Orlando’s biblical theme park, the Holy Land Experience, and finds a mixing of the Old Testament with the New.
January 27, 2016 10:01am
Being an evangelical Christian candidate for president is twice as great a liability as being a Jewish candidate, according to the Pew survey.
January 21, 2016 4:02pm
The Canadian billionaire talks about Agri Star’s efforts to improve animal welfare, why all Israelis are schnorrers and why some Israelis prefer candles to electricity.
January 21, 2016 10:45am
Julius Reich has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Dr. Robin Goldman, a prominent pediatrician, at their suburban New York mansion.
January 13, 2016 4:36pm
Kagedan is the first ordainee of Yeshivat Maharat to call herself a rabbi and land a job at an Orthodox synagogue.
January 11, 2016 11:43am
A county board of elections in upstate New York has ended its fight to disqualify the votes of Hasidic residents of the village of Bloomingburg.
January 5, 2016 2:45pm
And other Jewish storylines to watch this year.
December 30, 2015 11:23am
The Jewish Renewal movement reiterated its ban in the wake of a New York Times story about the troubled sexual past of the ex-Orthodox rabbi, now a polyamorous spiritualist.
December 28, 2015 9:01am
More than a year since the rabbi was hauled away in handcuffs for installing secret cameras at his synagogue’s mikvah, his crime still casts a shadow over Kesher Israel.
December 22, 2015 10:29am
Christmas Eve occupies a special place on the Hasidic calendar as a kind of “silent night,” when Torah study ceases — and then resumes full force at midnight.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism