One of the oldest synagogues in Poland, the Great Synagogue in Lutzk, province of Volhynia, erected in the time of King Sigismund in the early 16th Century, was, at the kings request built to be used in time of need as a fortress. Claims are now being made that the synagogue was built out of State funds as a fortress and is therefore state property. Asked to produce the title deeds, the Jewish community have appealed to Professor Balaban to trace the documents.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.