The board of governors of the Hebrew University, now in session here, today elected a university council consisting of Professors Saul Adler, Rabbi S. Assaf, M. Fekete and S. Klein.
Non-academic members of the council were also chosen. They are Berl Katzenelson, Dr. Shmaria Levin, Professor Max Schloessinger and Menachem Mendel Ussishkin. Chancellor Judah L. Magnes continues to occupy the post of chairman of the university council and chairman of the university senate or faculty. Salman Achocken was elected university treasurer.
The university budget was fixed for the academic year of 1934-35 at Â£48,000 with an additional Â£10,000 to be used for German Jewish refugee scholars and for cancer research.
The board of governors also resolved to establish a medical school for post graduate teaching.
The board voted unanimously to honor Dr. Nathan Ratnoff, director of Beth Israel Hospital in New York and president of the American Jewish Physicians Committee supporting the Hebrew University, by naming the medical college building of the university after him. The building will be one of several constituting the Roth-
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.