Jewish partisans from the critics of Pinsk, Bialystok, Baranovichi, Slonin and other liberated Byelorussian cities and towns are returning from the forests to begin rebuilding their homes and factories which were destroyed by the Germans, according to dispatches reaching here today.
The partisans are almost the only survivors of the hundreds of thousands of Jews who resided in Byelorussin before the Nazi invasion. They reveal that Pinsk and Slonim were converted into execution centers for Jews. Pinsk was the headquarters of a Elite Guards captain named Zaver who later commanded the Treblinka death camp.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.