A bronze and marble plaque was dedicated today by the East Midwood Jewish Center in Brooklyn here, as a memorial to the 6,000,000 Jews murdered by the Nazis during the Second World War.
The $10,000 memorial was donated to the synagogue by Paul Lewis, a Jewish industrialist of Dallas, who has financed the construction of memorials to the victims of the Nazi holocaust, in a number of cities throughout the country. Mr. Lewis, who was a rabbinical student before he emigrated from Germany to the United States, has built an entire synagogue in Texas, as a memorial to Nazi victims.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.