A new Jewish center opened in Rio de Janeiro. The center, run by the Lubavitch movement, includes two synagogues, separate mikvahs for men and women and a library. Local politicians joined Jewish officials for the inauguration ceremony.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.