A Ukranian synagogue returned to the Jewish community in 1996 will have its grand opening on Sept. 20. The Golden Rose Choral Synagogue, which is located in the city of Dnepropetrovsk, was originally completed in 1852. The Soviet government seized it in 1929 and turned into a club for workers.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.