- Sen. Joe Lieberman’s legislative director Joe Goffman quit yesterday, and Politico says it was a protest against his boss’ endosement of John McCain – and notes a half-dozen other recent defections. Here’s Goffman’s farewell e-mail.
- Bradley Burston in Haaretz compares the language in the Democratic and Republican platforms on Israel-related issues.
- In another piece, Burston writes that Israel has “disappeared” as a campaign issue, but offers seven ways it could return to “haunt” the campaign.
- Mark Silk at the blog Spiritual Politics predicts Palin’s nomination will help Obama among Jews and predicts a 70-28 breakdown in the Jewish vote for the Democrat.
- Jewish comedienne and performance artist Sandra Bernhard starts a month-long run at the Washington DCJCC’s Theater J tonight and tells a D.C. gay weekly that John McCain is “hypocritical and stupid” for pointing fingers at celebrities.
Political tidbits: Exodus from Lieberman’s Senate office is underway