- Norm Coleman files suit against Al Franken, accusing the Democrat of false campaign ads. The case won’t be heard until well after the election.
- We may not truly know how the Jews voted until next year, writes Brett Lieberman in the Forward.
- Akiva Eldar in Haaretz on what kind of change a new American president can bring to the Middle East.
- “The best American president for Israel is the leader whom the American voters decide to be the best president for them,” writes Uri Dromi in the Miami Herald.
- Also at the Herald, Frida Ghitis writes that the Muslim world isn’t as excited about Obama as they were a few months ago.
- Jon Stewart tries to get Obama to joke about Florida Jews and he doesn’t take the bait
- The Jerusalem Post’s Hilary Leila Krieger goes to Phoenix to profile John McCain.
- Georgetown University’s Jacques Berlinerblau suggests Sarah Palin needs a “religious imaging consultant” to help her in the Jewish community if she ends up running for president in the future, at the Washington Post’s In Faith blog.
- Five hundred clerics, including some rabbis, say they’ll pray this weekend that Obama will “repent” on his “federal sex policies.”
- Dennis Shulman and Scott Garrett use some humor in the final days of the campaign, according to Politicker NJ.
- Another video: “Oy, McCainia!” — sung to the tune of the old Yiddish folk song “Rumania, Rumania.”
- The New York Times has a look at the most controversial man in America right now — Rashid Khalidi.
- Jeffrey Goldberg rips Joe Klein (and defends Rashid Khalidi), with an argument that JTA’s Ron Kampeas also made yesterday.
- The New Republic on why the Jewish vote has turned towards Obama.
- The race to replace Jim Saxton between Jewish state legislator, and Democrat, John Adler and Republican Chris Myers is heating up — supporters are getting into fights before debates, according to the Asbury Park Press.
- The Washington Post editorializes that the McCain campaign’s treatment of Khalidi is “condemnable” and calls the campaign’s “ad hominem” attacks “increasingly reckless.
Political tidbits: Coleman sues Franken, details on Jewish exit polls (UPDATED)