- United Jewish Communities: "We very much look forward to working with you and your administration oh the challenges facing our country, beginning with the economy and the need for an economic stimulus package."
- Orthodox Union: "Your campaign and your victory were truly historic achievements for the United States and the world."
- Anti Defamation League: "The American people’s choice of Barack Obama … demonstrates how far we have come as a nation and should be seen as a triumph against racism in our society today, though not its elimination."
- National Jewish Democratic Council (which is encouraging Jews to sign on): "We are proud that the Jewish community looked beyond the shameless attacks and smears that ran rampant in our community during this election.
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism: "As Jews we try to bring a message of hope to the world, and so we share your vision."
- American Jewish Committee: "Recalling your participation in our Annual Meeting in 2006, and your stirring address to our members on the challenge of energy security, we look forward to working with you and your administration as you grapple with these and other issues confronting our nation."
- National Council of Jewish Women: "We are inspired by the energy unleashed in this campaign by so many millions who share NCJW’s belief that progressive ideals put into action can improve the world."
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs: "There are a number of challenging issues facing the American public and the Jewish community is heavily engaged in addressing these vital concerns."
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee: "President-elect Obama has many good friends in the pro-Israel community, both in Illinois and across the country, and has unequvically demonstrated his commitment to the security of the United States and Israel.
- American Jewish Congress: "We hope President-elect Obama will bring a fresh eye and perspective to the prospect of furthering efforts for a Mideast peace while still standing squarely behind Israel’s security needs and keeping a sharp eye trained on America’s — and Israel’s enemies."
Mazal tov, Barack (UPDATED)