Warren Buffett to donate $10 million to Haifa’s Rambam Hospital


JERUSALEM (JTA) — American billionaire Warren Buffett is donating $10 million to Rambam Hospital in Haifa.

The gift was announced last week by Israeli businessman Eitan Wertheimer during a dinner to celebrate Rambam’s 75th year, the Israeli business daily Globes first reported.

Wertheimer and Buffett reportedly have been friends since the 2006 purchase by Buffett of 80 percent of Iscar, a Wertheimer family company. In May, Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway purchased the remaining 20 percent of the company.

Wertheimer is former chairman of the board of KMR Inc., the Rambam Hospital – Medical School and Research Institute.

Recommended from JTA