In the presence of a notable gathering, Dr. Chaim Weizmann today inaugurated a chemical library at the colony of Rehoboth in commemoration of Prof. Fritz Haber, famous German-Jewish chemist who died in exile in Switzerland two years ago. Attending the ceremonies were Prof. Haber’s son, members of the executive of the Jewish Agency for Palestine and many others prominent in scientific circles here.
Prof. Haber was the discoverer of the process for fixation of nitrogen, which enabled the Germans to continue the war even after Germany’s supply of nitrogen, essential in the manufacture of high explosives, was shut off by the British blockade.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.