(Jewish Telegraphic Agency Mail Service)
The Government has decided to improve and enlarge the Haifa Quarantine Station. Four new buildings will be added. There will be a dining hall for 600 persons, a kitchen, a restaurant and a shop. A sum of Â£ E.3,000 has been assigned for these works which are to be commenced within the next few days. Arab and Jewish laborers will be employed.
Improvements will be made in the disinfection rooms. New furniture has been acquired for the immigrants waiting at the Quarantine House.
Commander Kenworthy raised the question of the Haifa Quarantine Station in the House of Commons a few weeks ago, complaining that it was situated in unhealthy surroundings and urging that instructions should be given for the improvement of the conditions in the station.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.