February 19, 2013 11:27am
Isla Fisher, Sasha Baron Cohen’s better half, has joined Save the Children’s 95 Babies breastfeeding campaign, and traveled to Brazil to promote the campaign under her new role as ambassador, Marie Claire reports. Fisher, whose father has been involved with the organization for some 30 years, joins other stars such as Victoria Beckham, Myleene Klass, Donna Air, and…
February 15, 2013 12:47pm
We pay a lot of money for Sacha Baron Cohen to make us feel uncomfortable. The Jewish London native is officially the highest paid British actor in America, according to Forbes.com, and even tops Brad Pitt and Tom Hanks in breaking the Benjamins. Last year, Baron Cohen ranked in £20 million, thanks to his film, “The Dictator,”…
February 15, 2013 12:13pm
Daniel Radcliffe, better known for sporting round glasses in the “Harry Potter” franchise, is the star of the new film, “Kill Your Darlings,” which just showed at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. But his on-screen magical acting was not the key factor that helped him land the role of playing the American Jewish Poet Allen Ginsberg, but rather…
February 14, 2013 7:12pm
Loathed rapper Chris Brown and Grammy-winning Drake are suing each other for a New York City club brawl that went down last year. The two rappers were reportedly arguing over Rihanna last July and bottles were thrown around, one which hit a french model named Romain Julien, who filed suits against both of them. Now,…
February 14, 2013 1:52pm
The world of Blossom and neuroscience, as explained by Miayim Bialik.
February 14, 2013 11:30am
As a publicity stunt for his March film, “Oz, the Great and Powerful,” James Franco arrived to his interview on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in a hot air balloon. Ugh. Does this bother anyone else?
February 13, 2013 6:20pm
JTA provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to make hamantaschen, Purim’s traditional cookies.
February 13, 2013 5:38pm
The women’s-only Chabad band, Bulletproof Stockings, were featured on AOL’s “You’ve Got” series, where they rocked out and explained why their religious adherence only allows them to perform for women. The Bulletproof Stockings’ story made headlines earlier last year, where they were written up in the Times of Israel, the New York Post, and the New Yorker….
February 13, 2013 5:22pm
Raiz, the lead singer of dubstep European band Almamegretta, is making headlines this week for refusing to play on Friday night after converting to Judaism. Almamegretta is set to play this Friday at the San Remo Song Festival, one of Italy’s most popular music events, but since Raiz, whose real name is Gennaro Della Volpe, is…
February 13, 2013 3:29pm
A New York Post cover story skewered John Galliano for supposedly dressing in Chasidic garb for New York Fashion Week.
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Spanish institution aims to boost Ladino by opening academy in Israel
- South Tel Aviv ‘living under terrorism by illegal migrants,’ government minister says
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Netanyahu warns Iran: ‘Do not test Israel’s resolve’
- Stumbling stone Holocaust memorial stolen in Italy