August 24, 2017 4:08pm
(JTA) — With the temperature in the mid-80s, it was not the night to kick off Shabbat dinner with chicken soup, or rather, given our family’s eating mishegas, vegan chicken soup (yes, there is such a dish). So where or whom do I turn to for a seasonal alternative? Answer: Chef Mark Reinfeld, who as the…
November 1, 2012 1:38pm
Professor Jeannette Ickovics says her Jewish upbringing left her obsessed with food. And now she’s hoping her new exhibit, “Big Food: Health, Culture and the Evolution of Eating,” gets you to rethink your diet. For starters: No soda!
October 18, 2012 6:51pm
The new documentary “Orchestra of Exiles” tells the little-known story of Bronislaw Huberman and how the Polish-Jewish violin prodigy saved hundreds, perhaps thousands, by founding what would become the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra.
July 3, 2012 1:42pm
Dr. Jordan Metzl, a sports medicine physician with a new book on fitness, is on a mission to get Jews off their tushes.
April 2, 2012 3:57pm
Healthy eating on Passover doesn’t have to be an oxymoron.
April 6, 2009 8:11am
A fundraising email appeal JTA sent out Friday under my signature contained words I did not specifically approve, words that seemed to criticize bloggers and Twitterers. Understandably, they ruffled a few feathers in the blogosphere. I know that was not the intention of JTA’s staff, nor mine. I am a strong supporter of new media …
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- Israel appoints first female haredi Orthodox judge