December 13, 2015 11:40pm
The first-of-its-kind HaaretzQ brought out hundreds, mainly those aligned with the political left.
December 13, 2015 12:31pm
“Inexcusable violence has taken too many lives — Israelis, Palestinians, Americans and others,” the president said in a televised message to a Haaretz-sponsored forum in New York.
August 3, 2015 10:48am
Sixty miles and a world away from Manhattan, Shabbat worshipers are now picking up percussion instruments along with their prayer books.
July 24, 2015 12:20pm
A museum evening about “the power of memory in the healing of trauma” will no longer include the work of a visual artist who survived a 2000 suicide bombing.
June 18, 2015 3:29pm
The indefatigable web comic Jessie Kahnweiler, of “Meet My Rapist” fame, is back with a new video in which she manhandles some of L.A.’s biggest power brokers, trespasses and tries to sell drugs to uniformed officers.
April 13, 2015 12:57pm
With her clueless Jewish girl shtick, comedian Jessie Kahnweiler’ calls attention to privilege and injustice. The results are as radical as they are hilarious.
February 24, 2015 2:58pm
In the West Bank, yoga studios cater to Palestinians seeking inner peace in a land marred by war.
December 10, 2014 4:01pm
Martin Amis’ “Holocaust satire,” Assaf Gavron’s family drama on a West Bank hilltop and Adam Kirsch’s new essay collection should be on your holiday gift list, writes Batya Ungar-Sargon.
November 4, 2014 6:03pm
In her new book, Sarah Wildman searches for the mysterious woman her grandfather left behind in Hitler’s Europe.
October 14, 2014 7:26pm
The 2-year-old student group fighting Hillel’s guidelines on groups and speakers deemed hostile to Israel brings hundreds to Harvard for its inaugural confab.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out Soros, Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties