February 8, 2011 4:27pm
Argentine Foreign Minister Hector Timerman visited the AMIA Jewish community center in Buenos Aires two months after his government recognized a unilateral Palestinian state.
December 7, 2010 12:35am
Argentina has recognized a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders, according to a note sent from President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner to Mahmoud Abbas.
October 27, 2010 11:35pm
An employment program launched more than 35 years ago by AMIA, the main Jewish community organization in Argentina, has grown to become the nation’s largest and helped thousands of people, Jewish or not. Among those adding their salute is President Kirchner.
October 20, 2010 6:39pm
Iran has rejected Argentina’s proposal to place on trial in a neutral country those accused in the bombing of a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires.
July 19, 2010 5:09pm
Relatives of victims of the 9/11 World Trade Center attack joined in a demonstration to mark the 16th anniversary of a Buenos Aires Jewish center bombing.
March 19, 2010 10:36pm
At a ceremony marking the 18-year anniversary of the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Israeli official expressed concern about Iran’s growing influence in Latin America.
March 13, 2010 1:19am
The resort town of Miramar on Argentina’s coast becomes a Jewish city every January and February when the country’s Jews flock there for summertime fun.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal