November 19, 2015 5:34pm
The gold medal-winning Jewish gymnast has some surprising foibles.
November 19, 2015 5:17pm
It’s been a busy few years for the Jewish gymnast, now 21. In the run-up to this summer’s Olympic games, Raisman is training hard in hopes of reprising her role as gold medalist.
October 21, 2015 3:56pm
How Bat Melech, Israel’s only network of domestic violence shelters for observant Jewish women, was created — and why it’s important.
June 4, 2012 8:54pm
Gymnast David Sender, a five-medal Maccabiah Games winner, seeks a place on the U.S. Olympic team.
May 7, 2012 7:40pm
Contrary to urban legend, the Beastie Boys didn’t go to yeshiva, but there is still good reason for Jews to be proud of late hip-hop legend Adam Yauch.
April 19, 2012 9:37pm
Lena Dunham’s “Girls” has pretensions of representing the experience of a generation, but it depicts only a narrow — and privileged — segment of young women.
April 17, 2012 4:16pm
A partnership among funders, activists and environmental organizations in Boulder, Colo., is culminating with the Rocky Mountain Food Summit.
December 27, 2011 3:00pm
At the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Jews of many organizational and denominational stripes are working together to forge a vibrant and innovative community.
December 19, 2011 2:07pm
The Chasidic reggae superstar performs for the first time since shaving his trademark beard — and the crowd was happy.
December 13, 2011 8:07pm
Students say that Yeshiva University’s reticence to talk publicly about student sexual activity ignores reality and makes it difficult for them to get information about health threats.
- Jared and Ivanka’s rabbis don’t know who gave them permission to fly on Shabbat
- Is Meghan Markle Jewish? The internet is confused.
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- Orthodox Jewish paramedic sues NY hospital over its no-skirts policy
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- How this African-American Jew uses cooking to fuse his two identities
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Animal rights group appeals decision allowing Yom Kippur chicken rite