November 1, 2012 1:38pm
Professor Jeannette Ickovics says her Jewish upbringing left her obsessed with food. And now she’s hoping her new exhibit, “Big Food: Health, Culture and the Evolution of Eating,” gets you to rethink your diet. For starters: No soda!
October 18, 2012 6:51pm
The new documentary “Orchestra of Exiles” tells the little-known story of Bronislaw Huberman and how the Polish-Jewish violin prodigy saved hundreds, perhaps thousands, by founding what would become the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra.
July 3, 2012 1:42pm
Dr. Jordan Metzl, a sports medicine physician with a new book on fitness, is on a mission to get Jews off their tushes.
April 2, 2012 3:57pm
Healthy eating on Passover doesn’t have to be an oxymoron.
April 6, 2009 8:11am
A fundraising email appeal JTA sent out Friday under my signature contained words I did not specifically approve, words that seemed to criticize bloggers and Twitterers. Understandably, they ruffled a few feathers in the blogosphere. I know that was not the intention of JTA’s staff, nor mine. I am a strong supporter of new media …
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Italian synagogue damaged in severe storm