March 8, 2005 10:00am
Sudanese students said the story of Africans expelled from or enslaved in Arab countries is left out of college Mideast curricula, adding a new dimension to an ongoing controversy engulfing Columbia University.
March 1, 2005 10:00am
The Roman Catholic’s changed view of Jews was on display at a conference of Jewish and Catholic leaders in New York.
February 24, 2005 10:00am
Robert Goldberg, UJC board chair, apologized for blasting the group’s primary overseas partner, the Jewish Agency for Israel.
February 15, 2005 10:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is shifting its priorities, putting into action a strategic plan that considers strengthening the identity of young Jews around the world as one of its top priorities.
February 1, 2005 10:00am
A new concept in the fight against world hunger emerged from a conversation between two young Jewish girls.
January 26, 2005 10:00am
As a documentary film’s accusations of anti-Israel bias roil Columbia University, conductor Daniel Barenboim sparked outrage with a campus speech bashing Israel and drawing parallels between the founder of Zionism and Hitler’s favorite composer.
January 18, 2005 10:00am
A major Jewish philanthropist is soliciting funds to aid Israeli Druse, a 100,000-strong Arab community that has been loyal to the Jewish state and serves in its army.
December 27, 2004 10:00am
A landmark matching-grant program for Jewish educational institutions enticed some 85 donors to make their first major donations or to increase their largest previous gifts by at least 500 percent.
December 14, 2004 10:00am
Charges that some pro-Palestinian faculty members at Columbia University intimidated pro-Israel students continue to roil the campus, but the terms of debate are changing to a clash over free speech in academia.
December 7, 2004 10:00am
Two Jewish Silicon Valley executives, exasperated by the way Israel is portrayed in the news, founded a group devoted to getting positive human interest stories about the Jewish state into the media.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism