February 5, 2015 12:24pm
The Teen Heroes column is sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation. To learn more about the foundation’s $36,000 Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards, visit http://dillerteenawards.org. (JTA) — While visiting his grandmother in Florida last winter break, Connor Tukel helped set up her new iPhone. “Then it hit me that it was so easy for…
January 29, 2015 12:28pm
The Californian’s Ambassadors for Hope Club has raised over $8,000 for cancer-related causes.
January 15, 2015 12:34pm
Dubbing her project “Operation Soap Dish,” this 15-year-old partners with supermarkets, toiletry manufacturers, synagogues, churches and fraternities at nearby Syracuse University to collect and distribute more than 28,000 items.
January 8, 2015 3:55pm
Dylan Sharp used his bar mitzvah to raise almost $50,000 for an organization rescuing at-risk Jewish children in Ukraine. Now he’s sending the word across the U.S.
December 11, 2014 11:40am
Edan Evanheim’s website matches teens with community service opportunities based on their location, skills and interests.
December 4, 2014 2:10pm
Nichols, an actor who has appeared in several films, has raised $13,000 for the nonprofit he launched and collected 5,000 pounds of food for his Long Island, N.Y., pantry.
November 20, 2014 11:45am
Toch, who was born with cerebral palsy, started Mind Before Mouth, an organization that sends teens to speak to groups on a diverse range of issues.
November 13, 2014 12:08pm
After building a soccer field from scratch in an impoverished Nicaraguan village this summer, the two 17-year-olds returned home with the goal of raising $7,500 to build another field this February.
November 6, 2014 12:32pm
The Denver Jewish day school senior is clear-eyed about helping the visually impaired.
October 30, 2014 3:21pm
The Florida teenager not only helped set up a clinic for poor people in Guatemala, he even gave eye exams and ran some tests like an EKG.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- Mexican billionaire: Israel challenges US leadership in high tech
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son barred from Israeli youth basketball league
- Torah scroll stolen from republic of Georgia synagogue found destroyed