is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
April 3, 2015 1:26pm
Randol Schoenberg is portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the film based on his successful legal effort to win back a valuable Gustav Klimt painting confiscated by the Nazis.
March 2, 2015 2:44pm
In 1991, JTA’s Tom Tugend sat down with Leonard Nimoy at his Bel Air home to discuss the actor’s flexibly Orthodox upbringing, his stints in the Yiddish theater and the “Star Trek” role with which he would become synonymous.
March 1, 2015 2:28pm
A new documentary from writer-director Andrew Goldberg, who has become public television’s semi-official Jewish chronicler, looks at what brought millions to America’s shores.
February 23, 2015 2:51am
“Ida,” a Holocaust-themed film directed by the grandson of an Auschwitz victim, won an Oscar, but an Israeli nominee again failed to bring home the treasured trophy.
January 21, 2015 5:02pm
Told through the eyes of four young women, the documentary is the latest from writer-director Adam Zucker.
January 12, 2015 5:59am
Jill Soloway’s “Transparent” — which has been called “the Jewiest Show Ever” — won for Best TV Series-Comedy.
December 26, 2014 11:23am
Glazer was known for his support of Israeli universities, including Tel Aviv University and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, and for his friendships with Israeli Prime Ministers David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, Yitzhak Rabin and Benjamin Netanyahu.
December 25, 2014 7:43am
Beerman grew the Leo Baeck Temple from 28 members when he arrived in 1949 into one of the most prominent synagogues in Los Angeles.
December 24, 2014 5:16pm
Two young classmates at a Los Angeles Jewish day school raised $1 million to find a cure for Glycogen Storage Disease.
December 21, 2014 6:30am
The Oscar Award-winning film “Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport” was among 25 films added to the National Film Registry for their historical, cultural or aesthetic importance.
- Israel Police arrest 22 haredi Orthodox men accused of sex crimes
- Millions of Israeli children said at risk of stunted development, possibly from desalinated water
- ‘Switched at Birth’ gets an interfaith marriage dilemma just right
- Ukrainian war hero and lawmaker slurs Jews
- Therapists say patients have a new name for anxiety: Trump
- Nikki Haley: Trump will not allow UN resolutions condemning Israel
- Why these 5 European Jews are promoting far-right parties
- Ivanka Trump to become unpaid government employee as assistant to her father
- Britney Spears tickets go on sale in Israel hours after concert announced
- 2 charged with hate crime for attack on Arab teacher outside AIPAC conference
- Bob Dylan to accept his Nobel Prize in Stockholm