Announcement has been made of the sale of Temple Emanu-el, dedicated in 1866 on Sutter Street, between, Stockham and Powell streets, to a client of Hugh Goodfellow for $410,000. The conditions of the sale are that the congregation shall occupy the temple for two years, pending the construction of a new temple at First Avenue and Lake street.
The new Temple will cost approximately $1,000,000 and will be one of the finest edifices of its kind in this country. Louis Bloch, member of the building committee, has returned from a visit in the East, where be viewed various synagogues, with a view to the building of the new one here.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.