- Rudy Giuliani bumped for Joe Lieberman tonight at the Republican convention. Lieberman: “I’m not going to spend any time tonight attacking Sen. Obama,” Lieberman told CNN, but he added that he will explain “why I am an independent Democrat voting for Sen. McCain.”
- Hadassah Lieberman talks to JTA about the same issue.
- Ha’aretz reports on Republican Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle – the first Jewish chief executive of the Aloha State – saying that Sarah Palin has more on-the-job experience than Barack Obama.
- Blogger notes that Jews for Jesus leader paid recent visit to Sarah Palin’s church. (Listen to the sermon.)
- National Journal: Fred Zeidman, a veteran Texas money bundler for both of President Bush’s campaigns, spent two days in Detroit with Sens. Joe Lieberman and John McCain hunting for Jewish support and campaign cash.
- Calev Ben-David, writing in the Jerusalem Post, opines on the importance of Barack Obama securing the support of Haim Saban.
Political Tidbits: Rudy bumped for Lieberman, Hawaii’s Jewish governor praises Palin