March 8, 2005 10:00am
Sudanese students said the story of Africans expelled from or enslaved in Arab countries is left out of college Mideast curricula, adding a new dimension to an ongoing controversy engulfing Columbia University.
March 1, 2005 10:00am
The Roman Catholic’s changed view of Jews was on display at a conference of Jewish and Catholic leaders in New York.
February 24, 2005 10:00am
Robert Goldberg, UJC board chair, apologized for blasting the group’s primary overseas partner, the Jewish Agency for Israel.
February 15, 2005 10:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is shifting its priorities, putting into action a strategic plan that considers strengthening the identity of young Jews around the world as one of its top priorities.
February 1, 2005 10:00am
A new concept in the fight against world hunger emerged from a conversation between two young Jewish girls.
January 26, 2005 10:00am
As a documentary film’s accusations of anti-Israel bias roil Columbia University, conductor Daniel Barenboim sparked outrage with a campus speech bashing Israel and drawing parallels between the founder of Zionism and Hitler’s favorite composer.
January 18, 2005 10:00am
A major Jewish philanthropist is soliciting funds to aid Israeli Druse, a 100,000-strong Arab community that has been loyal to the Jewish state and serves in its army.
December 27, 2004 10:00am
A landmark matching-grant program for Jewish educational institutions enticed some 85 donors to make their first major donations or to increase their largest previous gifts by at least 500 percent.
December 14, 2004 10:00am
Charges that some pro-Palestinian faculty members at Columbia University intimidated pro-Israel students continue to roil the campus, but the terms of debate are changing to a clash over free speech in academia.
December 7, 2004 10:00am
Two Jewish Silicon Valley executives, exasperated by the way Israel is portrayed in the news, founded a group devoted to getting positive human interest stories about the Jewish state into the media.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Polish Holocaust law will not lead to criminal charges, government minister says
- Canadian JCC gets anti-Semitic hate mail
- Gal Gadot to make debut as Oscar presenter
- Ruderman Foundation campaign urges US to suspend ties with Poland over Holocaust law
- US agrees to Libyan request that activists say prevents Jewish artifacts from leaving the country