March 10, 2016 3:45pm
CHICAGO (JUF News via JTA) — Like so many other Jewish little girls on Purim, both my big sister and I would dress up for our annual Purim carnival as Queen Esther. The morning of the carnival, my mom would array us in regal dresses, bright red lipstick and a homemade crown or sparkly tiara bought…
December 3, 2015 4:26pm
Recipes passed down through the generations serve as witnesses to our Jewish story.
November 5, 2015 4:44pm
One of the early pioneers in television, Lear created some of the most popular shows of our times. In a new book, he looks back on his oeuvre.
November 19, 2014 3:26pm
Is there a way to incorporate the mindfulness of Thanksgiving into our everyday lives? Cindy Sher finds the answers in the Jewish tradition.
June 9, 2003 9:00am
Capping 10 days of local and national controversy, the Chicago Tribune has apologized for running a provocative editorial cartoon that many people felt used anti-Semitic imagery.
June 16, 2002 9:00am
Long before the Sept. 11 attacks, the Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago was combating the efforts of Chicago organizations allegedly linked to funding terrorist activity overseas.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary