in 2011 launched "Seeking Kin," his now-thrice-monthly column on people searching for long-lost relatives and friends.
June 4, 2015 12:57pm
A Dutch writer found out who was in a 1945 photo he came across. That search led to an even more consuming project.
May 28, 2015 2:20pm
More than 63 years after seven Israeli soldiers were killed by a Syrian sniper, sculptors create a memorial for them.
May 21, 2015 12:29pm
An Israeli is looking for a pal he met at a Haifa auto repair shop who moved away when they were teens.
May 10, 2015 3:23pm
A 1939 letter written by a German woman appealing for help in escaping the Nazis set off an investigation by 60 students in North Carolina.
April 30, 2015 4:25pm
Ali Marpet, an offensive lineman, is expected to be a high pick in the draft despite playing for the small upstate New York college.
April 30, 2015 3:24pm
A human tornado blew through Sports Mart, carrying away nearly all the merchandise from a business that Leon Levy, now 89, started in 1980 with his three sons.
April 23, 2015 12:42pm
Subtitling foreign porn to Hebrew is an honest day’s work, filmmaker Jason Frederic Gilbert says. Titillating? Not so much.
April 16, 2015 12:48pm
Art historian Daniel Weiss will leave a college presidency to take over operations at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York this summer.
April 14, 2015 3:53pm
The pain of losing close relatives in the Holocaust is so acute that it has afflicted multiple generations of a Los Angeles woman’s clan.
April 9, 2015 12:04pm
Thrust together at a detention camp after World War II, two Greek teens became friends. Decades later, one went searching for the other.
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
OpinionShavuot is about breaking the tablets, and putting them back together
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Portland man charged with light rail murder was known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct