April 5, 2007 9:00am
An Argentine researcher and journalist said he feels “a strong sense of relief” after a three-year battle in Italian courts ended with a Nazi war criminal’s lawsuit against him being thrown out.
April 5, 2007 9:00am
Israel is tightening criteria for military draftees who want exemptions on psychiatric grounds.
July 20, 2006 9:00am
Elections across South America in recent years have been dominated by left-wing or center-left parties. What does this new and very different leadership mean for the region’s Jewish communities?
July 5, 2006 9:00am
As the 12th anniversary nears of the bombing of a Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina’s Jewish community is focusing on investigations into the country’s former president and one of his Cabinet ministers.
June 18, 2006 9:00am
The coach and captain of the high-powered Argentine national soccer team playing in Germany for the World Cup are members of the Jewish community.
June 6, 2006 9:00am
An Argentine court will begin to study a possible cover-up in the investigation of a terrorist attack that targeted a Jewish institution, killing 85 people.
May 23, 2006 9:00am
Peru’s Jewish community is closely watching the country’s presidential runoff election, especially controversial candidate Ollanta Humala.
December 1, 2005 10:00am
The chief rabbi of Peru’s largest congregation explains how the growth of neo-Nazi groups, the perception that the Jewish community has undue influence over the government, and political turmoil, have stoked anti-Semitism in his country.
June 19, 2005 9:00am
The Argentine government’s recent decision to repeal a controversial 1938 Foreign Ministry resolution that barred Jewish refugees from receiving visas was the latest in a series of moves aimed at reviewing the country’s anti-Semitic past.
May 31, 2005 9:00am
Recent arrests of top leaders of Colonia Dignidad, a secretive Nazi refuge in southern Chile, have given new hope to the family of a Jewish academic who is the only American still considered “disappeared” in Chile.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- California man sentenced to life in prison for killing Jewish doctor he blamed for botched surgery
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal