is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
April 22, 2012 9:08pm
The pro-Obama Jewish group that was behind “The Great Schlep” four years ago received a $200,000 donation from the son of billionaire George Soros.
March 27, 2012 2:26pm
Max Weinberg of E Street Band fame will be stopping by the National Museum of American Jewish History on Tuesday night prior to Bruce Springsteen’s gigs the next two nights at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The "Mighty Max," as the Boss calls his longtime drummer, will be talking not only about his many…
March 25, 2012 9:02pm
Preliminary murder and terrorism charges were filed against the brother of Toulouse killer Mohammed Merah.
March 15, 2012 8:56pm
Jake Cohen, a junior forward from Berwyn, Pa., had 24 points and 10 rebounds, but Davidson College lost in the opening round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
December 21, 2011 7:39pm
Two Baltimore-based philanthropies are paring down a coordinated tuition grant program for area Jewish day schools but will still be giving to the schools.
October 19, 2011 6:49pm
Quarterback Jake Najjar powered the Samuel Scheck Hillel Community Day School to a 51-0 victory over the David Posnack Jewish Day School in the third annual Kiddush Cup game between the two South Florida schools.
October 9, 2011 7:18pm
The top two finishers in an international Jewish singing contest are immigrating to Israel.
September 1, 2011 8:31pm
Former President George W. Bush will speak at Beth El Synagogue on Sept. 21, the Minnesota synagogue said.
August 4, 2011 3:00pm
Levi Aron, the Brooklyn man who is accused of killing and dismembering 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment.
August 4, 2011 2:35pm
Jordan Farmar of the New Jersey Nets has signed to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery
- Russian Jews and Israeli agency address gap in services for children with disabilities