is JTA's copy editor. Prior to joining JTA in 2006, he served 15 years as the assistant managing editor at The New York Jewish Week. He also has worked as a reporter and editor in news and sports for daily and weekly newspapers in New Jersey.
March 15, 2012 8:56pm
Jake Cohen, a junior forward from Berwyn, Pa., had 24 points and 10 rebounds, but Davidson College lost in the opening round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
December 21, 2011 7:39pm
Two Baltimore-based philanthropies are paring down a coordinated tuition grant program for area Jewish day schools but will still be giving to the schools.
October 19, 2011 6:49pm
Quarterback Jake Najjar powered the Samuel Scheck Hillel Community Day School to a 51-0 victory over the David Posnack Jewish Day School in the third annual Kiddush Cup game between the two South Florida schools.
October 9, 2011 7:18pm
The top two finishers in an international Jewish singing contest are immigrating to Israel.
September 1, 2011 8:31pm
Former President George W. Bush will speak at Beth El Synagogue on Sept. 21, the Minnesota synagogue said.
August 4, 2011 3:00pm
Levi Aron, the Brooklyn man who is accused of killing and dismembering 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment.
August 4, 2011 2:35pm
Jordan Farmar of the New Jersey Nets has signed to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv.
July 20, 2011 8:34pm
To the Editor: Rupert Murdoch lost his legitimacy, and his publications are tainted and have been tainted for some time, fabricating news to their liking. Israel and its advocates need to establish a media presence that is not associated with allies of extremists associated with propaganda and creating their own news. We do not want…
April 22, 2011 7:48pm
Benjamin Netanyahu, Mark Zuckerberg and Gabrielle Giffords are among Time magazine’s list of the most influential people of the year.
April 6, 2011 9:14pm
Men’s and women’s teams from 20 colleges will compete in the inaugural National Hillel Basketball Tournament at the University of Maryland.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
High Holidays 2016Celebrity chefs share their Rosh Hashanah recipes
- Amy Schumer’s defense against racism accusations: ‘You got the wrong Jew’
- Here’s the insanely long list of US dignitaries attending Shimon Peres’ funeral
- Saying goodbye to Shimon Peres, world leaders talk peace and love
- Abbas to attend Peres funeral, Arab-Israeli party leader Ayman Odeh will not
- In rare tribute, Obama orders flags flown at half-staff for Peres
- Shimon Peres, last of Israel’s founders, dies
- Bill Clinton joins throng of Israelis in viewing casket of Shimon Peres at the Knesset
- Residents of Shimon Peres’ Belarus birthplace gather outside his childhood home
- British Labour Party activist questions Holocaust Remembrance Day, existence of anti-Semitism
- Human rights groups urge US to probe Israeli soldiers’ killing of Palestinian-American teen
- On the road with Bill and Barack
- Hillary Clinton urges Jews to aim for their ‘best selves’ in call to get out the vote
- What does a libertarian like Gary Johnson’s running mate see in Shimon Peres?
- Trump NYC fundraiser co-hosted by prominent Jews expected to bring in $1 million
- The ‘big league’ Jewish moments in the first Trump-Clinton debate
- Netanyahu, following debate, tells Cabinet it does not matter who is elected US president