February 2, 2009 8:17pm
In further signs that the deepening recession is having a major impact on Jewish institutions of higher education, two major schools announced tuition freezes and budget cuts, and Brandeis University is taking the highly unusual step of selling off its prized contemporary art collection.
March 20, 2006 10:00am
Israel Bonds, which in November suddenly cut its workforce by 20 percent and closed three offices to erase a budget deficit, now plans to add staff and offer shorter-term bonds as part of its largest reorganization ever.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Israel’s Technion-Israel Institute of Technology opens a nanotechnology institute, which propels it into the front lines of the high-tech tiny-scale field.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new initiative to recruit and retain top Jewish educators will focus on salary and benefits for a profession that is notoriously overworked, underpaid and transient.
September 7, 2003 9:00am
A survey of two New York Jewish high schools has found that 13 percent of their students suffer some degree of post-traumatic syndrome or depression stemming from the September 11 attacks and other terrorism.
April 1, 2003 10:00am
The Birthright Israel program, which has brought 40,000 college-age students to Israel in the last three years, staved off a funding crisis when the Israeli Cabinet restored much of the $14 million the Finance Ministry had proposed to cut from the group.
February 26, 2003 10:00am
In the wake of the arrest last week of a New York rabbi in a police Internet sex sting operation, the director of a Los Angeles-based residential treatment program for Jews with addictive and behavioral disorders believes a similar program is needed in Ne
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- GOP House candidate charged with body slamming Jewish reporter
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sheldon Adelson questioned by police in Netanyahu corruption investigation
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- Hecklers shout ‘Heil Hitler!’ during Jewish school’s Holocaust play
- Portland man who killed two while attacking Muslim women is known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’