February 2, 2009 8:17pm
In further signs that the deepening recession is having a major impact on Jewish institutions of higher education, two major schools announced tuition freezes and budget cuts, and Brandeis University is taking the highly unusual step of selling off its prized contemporary art collection.
March 20, 2006 10:00am
Israel Bonds, which in November suddenly cut its workforce by 20 percent and closed three offices to erase a budget deficit, now plans to add staff and offer shorter-term bonds as part of its largest reorganization ever.
March 3, 2005 10:00am
Israel’s Technion-Israel Institute of Technology opens a nanotechnology institute, which propels it into the front lines of the high-tech tiny-scale field.
November 6, 2003 10:00am
A new initiative to recruit and retain top Jewish educators will focus on salary and benefits for a profession that is notoriously overworked, underpaid and transient.
September 7, 2003 9:00am
A survey of two New York Jewish high schools has found that 13 percent of their students suffer some degree of post-traumatic syndrome or depression stemming from the September 11 attacks and other terrorism.
April 1, 2003 10:00am
The Birthright Israel program, which has brought 40,000 college-age students to Israel in the last three years, staved off a funding crisis when the Israeli Cabinet restored much of the $14 million the Finance Ministry had proposed to cut from the group.
February 26, 2003 10:00am
In the wake of the arrest last week of a New York rabbi in a police Internet sex sting operation, the director of a Los Angeles-based residential treatment program for Jews with addictive and behavioral disorders believes a similar program is needed in Ne
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair