is JTA's correspondent for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A former assistant director of the American Jewish Committee's Berlin office, she has also worked as staff writer and editor at the New York Jewish Week. She has won numerous awards from the New York Press Association and the American Jewish Press Association. She has published books on Holocaust history for teen-agers.
June 12, 2014 12:12pm
A Matisse painting in the collection of Cornelius Gurlitt in Munich was stolen by the Nazis from its Jewish owner, a German task force confirmed.
June 6, 2014 9:23am
The German Bundestag unanimously passed legislation approving back payments of so-called ghetto pensions for Jewish survivors.
May 23, 2014 8:35am
The former spokesperson of Cornelius Gurlitt said only eight of the late collector’s 1,400 paintings are likely to have been stolen from Jews.
May 19, 2014 5:46pm
Far-right parties are riding an anti-EU wave to become a powerful force in the next European Parliament.
May 6, 2014 1:05pm
The elderly recluse whose Munich apartment contained a secret hoard of Nazi-looted art masterpieces died following a heart operation.
April 29, 2014 6:52am
- A Jewish leader in Germany called for lawmakers to publicly condemn an anti-Semitic attack that occurred in Berlin.
April 28, 2014 6:14am
Germany and the United States earned praise for their Nazi-hunting efforts from the Simon Wiesenthal Center.
April 9, 2014 6:45am
Germany approved retroactive pension payments, going back to 1997, to Holocaust survivors who worked in Nazi ghettos.
April 7, 2014 4:18pm
German art collector Cornelius Gurlitt has reached an agreement to restitute any works in a valuable cache discovered last fall that were stolen by the Nazis.
March 27, 2014 1:26pm
A Nazi-looted Matisse painting reportedly will be returned to the heirs of a Paris art dealer by the German man who stashed it in his apartment for decades.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan