is JTA's senior writer and former managing editor. Follow him on Twitter at @urielheilman.
October 21, 2015 5:21am
Most heads of Jewish community day schools are not themselves day school alumni, and most have been in their job for five years or less.
October 20, 2015 1:51pm
Would fans recognize their team without Orthodox food sellers in the stands and disappointing play on the field?
October 15, 2015 3:44pm
Britain’s former chief Orthodox rabbi, the author of a new book about religious violence, talks about the need to reinterpret the Torah for today’s world and whether he’d be president of Yeshiva University.
October 8, 2015 4:46pm
Now that they’ve seen the true face of their government, do they look at its longtime adversary, Israel, any differently?
September 22, 2015 11:15am
Student enrollment in Jewish studies classes is declining, and newly minted Jewish studies professors are having a significantly harder time finding tenure-track positions.
September 21, 2015 5:00pm
Germany’s welcome of Syrian refugees is being seen as a corrective for its Nazi past. But, ironically, Jews may pay the price.
September 11, 2015 12:02pm
“The demand for forgiveness by the perpetrator to the victim is often a second form of abuse,” said Rabbi Mark Dratch of the Rabbinical Council of America.
September 10, 2015 9:45am
Joel’s tenure has coincided with a severe decline in the university’s financial health, but he told JTA that he anticipates neutralizing those losses by the time he steps down in 2018.
September 9, 2015 4:50pm
“No matter how many times I attempt to apologize, it will never be enough,” Freundel wrote in his Sept. 8 letter.
September 9, 2015 11:36am
The two boys are believed to have been abducted by their mother, who may have tried to take them to Taiwan.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer