October 11, 2017 1:01pm
LOS ANGELES (JTA) — In November, the General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America is coming to Los Angeles for the first time since it became my home city in 2008. Over the course of my Jewish professional life, I have eagerly attended at least six General Assemblies, one of organized Jewry’s largest gatherings:…
March 17, 2014 3:25pm
An inherited gold ring brings an emotional connection to two generations.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Former Netanyahu confidant agrees to turn state’s evidence in corruption investigation
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’