September 1, 2010 4:18pm
In the year 5770, Israel’s international reputation suffered, peacemaking remained stalled and U.S.-Israel ties showed temporary strains, but the Israeli economy continued to prosper.
August 31, 2010 12:33am
A labor dispute at the Israeli Foreign Ministry threatens to harm Israel’s delicate diplomatic relationships, scuttle overseas trips by the prime minister and bring Israel international embarrassment.
August 17, 2010 12:02am
If the United States doesn’t attack Iran’s nuclear facilities within the next eight months or so, Israel probably will. So says journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in the September issue of The Atlantic magazine in an article that is fueling debate and speculation among many Middle East experts.
August 3, 2010 12:17am
In one of the more curious twists in Israeli politics, prominent figures on Israel’s right wing have begun pushing for a one-state solution with Israelis and Palestinians as equal citizens with full voting rights.
July 6, 2010 6:23pm
More than ever, Israel needs an efficient PR machine capable of undermining its would-be delegitimizers. Who is running Israel’s PR, and why have they not been more successful?
June 21, 2010 11:30pm
Many secular Israelis see the latest standoff between the state and haredi Orthodox Israelis as a test of strength Israel cannot afford to lose.
June 7, 2010 9:58pm
Israel insists its naval blockade of Hamas-ruled Gaza is justified and will continue. But as international criticism mounts, Jerusalem is faced with tough questions about how effective the embargo has been and whether it should be modified.
May 17, 2010 10:07pm
The perception in European capitals that Benjamin Netanyahu isn’t serious about peacemaking with the Palestinians is hurting Israel’s standing in the world and alienating Israel’s European friends.
May 4, 2010 12:54am
As indirect Israeli-Palestinian peace talks get under way, the two sides appear to be jockeying ahead of a possible U.S.-led peace push this fall.
April 19, 2010 8:44pm
A new corruption scandal involving Ehud Olmert and his successor as Jerusalem mayor, Uri Lupolianski, raises the question of how corrupt are Israel’s municipal governments.
- Florida school shooting’s Jewish victims remembered for their kindness
- The Jewish sheriff leading the response to the Florida school shooting quotes the Talmud
WatchMom of Jewish girl killed in Florida shooting begs Trump: ‘Please do something’
- Mike Huckabee says US should follow Israel’s lead to prevent mass shootings. Twitter takes issue.
- Jewish brothers who survived the Florida school shooting learn what they mean to each other
- Amy Schumer weds chef Chris Fischer in private ceremony
- Comedian Jena Friedman: We should treat neo-Nazis the way we treat women
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump in March
- Britain’s Labour Party backs separate labeling for kosher and halal meat
- Rabbi urges friends of Florida shooting victim to ‘honor her legacy’
- White supremacist group: Florida school shooter is associated with us