July 20, 2009 8:42pm
Despite the latest clash between Israel and the Obama administration over building — this time in eastern Jerusalem — the United States is pressing ahead with plans to reopen negotiations on both the Israeli-Palestinian and Israeli-Syrian tracks.
July 14, 2009 2:05am
Israel is moving closer to trading a West Bank settlement freeze for U.S. action on Iran and normalization of ties with Arab states. So far, however, the Arabs don’t seem to want to play ball.
July 7, 2009 9:13pm
If Avigdor Lieberman’s appointment as foreign minister seemed odd when it was made, recent developments cast more doubt over his capacity to function as Israel’s top diplomat.
June 29, 2009 7:49pm
After a few weeks in office, Benjamin Netanyahu has assembled an inner circle that offers some hints about the direction in which the prime minister plans to take the country.
June 22, 2009 6:53pm
The unrest in Iran may benefit Israel in the long run by unmasking the face of a brutal regime — or replacing it with a more moderate one. But one possible outcome bodes ill for the Jewish state.
June 15, 2009 6:16pm
Will Benjamin Netanyahu’s commitment to the idea of a Palestinian state — with caveats — be enough to kick-start a genuine negotiating process with the Palestinians?
June 8, 2009 11:30pm
The narrow victory by Lebanon’s pro-Western alliance was welcome news in Israel, but Hezbollah’s stranglehold on Lebanese politics is unlikely to dissipate.
June 1, 2009 9:29pm
With its eye toward Mideast peacemaking, Washington is redoubling efforts to strengthen the Palestinian Authority president. But is President Obama betting on the wrong horse?
May 25, 2009 11:54pm
While smuggling in new weapons to replenish stocks depleted or destroyed from the winter’s fighting, Hamas has quieted its attacks on Israel from Gaza. But it has other reasons for generally keeping the peace.
May 12, 2009 6:09pm
Given the delicate state of relations between the new administrations in Washington and Jerusalem, an American statement last week about the need for Israel to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty touched a raw nerve.
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- 10 stunning Israeli artworks that can be worn as shoes
- Reform movement raises concerns about nominee for ambassador to Israel
- Jewish groups toe ideological lines in reactions to Trump inaugural address
- Tests in 1973 convinced CIA of Uri Geller’s paranormal powers