January 12, 2014 4:10pm
A Boston-area Jewish teen whose fight against the rare genetic disease progeria was chronicled in an Academy Award-contending documentary has died.
January 8, 2014 3:25pm
The Maimonides School was a hive of activity Wednesday morning as the search continued for Caleb Jacoby.
December 17, 2013 4:48am
The founders of Kar-Ben, a publisher of Jewish children’s books that includes the “Shalom Sesame” series and “Six Million Paper Clips,” are retiring after 40 years.
December 16, 2013 6:09am
Alan Dershowitz, one of the country’s most prominent lawyers and a passionate advocate for Israel, is retiring from Harvard Law School.
December 6, 2013 2:14pm
Companies with connections to Israel contributed $6.2 billion to the Massachusetts economy last year, a new study found.
November 25, 2013 2:49pm
An important collection of Judaica donated to Boston’s Museum of Fine Art places its holdings on a national footing among mainstream museums in North America.
November 25, 2013 11:15am
An angst-ridden purple gorilla and a bear mistaken for a rabbi (via Eric Kimmel) are among the characters who enliven the Hanukkah celebration in new holiday books.
November 24, 2013 4:01pm
A nominee for the top court in Massachusetts was facing opposition in part because of his affiliation with the Anti-Defamation League.
November 24, 2013 3:34pm
The first textbook on the Arab-Israeli conflict co-authored by a Palestinian, an Israeli and an Egyptian has been published.
November 20, 2013 3:58pm
An angst-ridden purple gorilla and a bear mistaken for a rabbi (via master storyteller author Eric Kimmel) enliven the Hanukkah celebration in new holiday books for children, families and young adults.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary