is JTA's senior writer and former managing editor. Follow him on Twitter at @urielheilman.
November 9, 2015 4:01pm
Thousands of Reform Jews came together, connected with old friends and chose from a rich tapestry of sessions and services.
November 6, 2015 1:41am
Jews are expected to forget their pluralistic principles when it comes to Israel, but the Reform movement will not, Rabbi Rick Jacobs said at the biennial.
November 4, 2015 9:54pm
Speaking at the Union for Reform Judaism’s biennial conference, Charles Bronfman noted that 75 percent of the Israel trip’s participants identify as Reform, nondenominational or just Jewish.
November 3, 2015 5:44pm
Also, Jews experience feelings of peace and well-being less than other Americans, and Jewish women pray more than Jewish men.
November 3, 2015 10:13am
Leaders of the modern Orthodox association tried to derail the resolution, but they were overpowered by member rabbis committed to drawing a line in the sand.
October 29, 2015 7:15pm
The GOP presidential candidate’s main patron is a Jewish billionaire, he’s hawkish on Israel and he has belonged to Mormon and Baptist churches despite being Catholic.
October 29, 2015 2:58pm
If you’re a little fuzzy on what federations are, what they support and who supports them, you’re not alone. Here’s a primer.
October 28, 2015 5:58pm
The Republican presidential front-runner’s faith has some commonalities with Judaism, and it influences his economic policy.
October 27, 2015 11:59am
Find out about the ex-choreographer who heads the movement, the 80 percent intermarriage rate and more.
October 23, 2015 12:08pm
A New York appeals court ordered an upstate New York town near a planned Hasidic development in Bloomingburg, New York, to allow the construction of a mikvah ritual bath at a site that had been rejected.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary