in 2011 launched "Seeking Kin," his now-thrice-monthly column on people searching for long-lost relatives and friends.
August 31, 2015 1:31pm
Jessica Berman has moved up the league’s corporate ladder while tending to her ill husband and raising funds for his rehab institute.
August 20, 2015 5:25pm
The mere presence of an Israeli cycling team in international competition was almost unthinkable until a couple of years ago.
August 18, 2015 5:19pm
Visiting Israel the past few winters to see his daughter and her family led to an unexpected job for Jerry Narron: a coaching position for Israel’s team in the next World Baseball Classic.
August 4, 2015 6:26pm
Ten photographs capture Jewish athletes from around the world ahead of their celebratory march into the Waldbuhne amphitheater built by Hitler for the 1936 Olympics.
July 30, 2015 1:06pm
Survival — and thriving in the face of tragedy — was a theme that ran through the opening ceremony of the massive Jewish sporting event held in a city that once was the Nazi capital.
July 9, 2015 5:09pm
Jennie Workman Milne’s family history is cloaked in mystery. She badly wants to unravel it.
July 5, 2015 3:45pm
The National Museum of American Jewish History has mounted an exhibition focusing on three Jews instrumental in the American gay rights movement.
July 2, 2015 2:00pm
How did a San Diego PR agency owner with little to go on find some unknown family members?
June 18, 2015 3:19pm
Zvia Mordechai and Marlene Alvez built a bond working together at a Beersheba school for the deaf. But when Alvez left Israel, they lost touch.
June 17, 2015 1:09pm
The ceremony occurred four days prior to the centennial of the order by John Slaton in the case of Frank, a Jewish factory worker in Georgia who later was lynched by a mob.
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- This Jewish grandmother was sentenced to death in Iran. Holland won’t grant her asylum.
- NRA chief singles out George Soros and Michael Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- In Democratic race for Illinois governor, the two top candidates are Jewish. The similarity ends there.
- Conservatives cheer Mike Pence when he mentions Trump’s Jerusalem move
- Polish senator suspended for klezmer-themed video of Nazi violence to Jews
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.